GIVING THE INDUSTRY A VOICE
Industry and trade associations are the mouthpiece for the entire value chain and act as an information channel for customers and interested stakeholders. Associations play an important role as a voice in the public domain:
- They provide an additional information channel for customers and other stakeholders.
- They enable a continuous dialog with scientific experts, authorities and product users in a trusted and legal
- They offer members the opportunity to develop industry-wide initiatives and participate in regional and global information campaigns.
The Performance Intermediates business line is represented in the following organizations:
- Asian Clean Fuels Association (ACFA)
- Association of International Chemical Manufacturers (AICM)
- Bundesverband der deutschen Bioethanolwirtschaft (BDBE)
- Das Kunststoffzentrum (SKZ)
- European Plasticisers
- Fachverband der Elastischen Bodenbelagshersteller (FEB)
- Gesellschaft für Chemische Technik und Biotechnologie (DECHEMA)
- Industriegemeinschaft der Aerosole (IGA)
- Lower Olefin Sector Group (LOSG)
- Plastics Europe
- Sustainable Fuels Europe
- The European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- The European Petrochemical Luncheon International Association (EPL)
- The High Phthalates Panel (HPP) of the American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- VinylPlus Deutschland
- VinylPlus Europe
WE WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT FOUR OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS TO YOU IN MORE DETAIL:
European Plasticisers is the voice of the European plasticizer industry. The trade association pursues the goal of highlighting the positive contribution plasticizers make to everyday life. In addition, it provides sound, scientifically proven information
on plasticizers, and for many years has been the
first point of contact for all questions regarding the
plasticizers used in PVC in Europe.
VinylPlus is the voluntary sustainability initiative of the European PVC industry. It brings together PVC manufacturers and processors, producers of stabilizers and plasticizers, recyclers and machine builders, to jointly promote the sustainable use
of PVC. The recycling of PVC is a major focus.
The European PVC industry has been addressing this
issue since the 1990s. A new important milestone is the VinylPlus2030 voluntary commitment adopted in
2021, in which the industry defines three ways to achieve greater sustainability in the PVC value chain, such as a further expansion of recycling.
Asian Clean Fuels Association
ACFA was founded in 2000 as a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the responsible use of ethers in automotive fuels. The organization works closely with policymakers, environmental NGOs, international standards bodies, regulators and
fuel industry stakeholders to promote and advance the use of clean fuels in transportation. Their work is based on sound, proven science, with the goal of developing cleaner, more cost-effective fuels that contribute to environmental sustainability.
Sustainable Fuels Europe
Sustainable Fuels Europe is dedicated to the responsible production, use and promotion of clean, high-quality and highly efficient gasoline components. The organization supports and disseminates cutting-edge scientific research on the benefits and impacts of fuel ethers on vehicle performance, health and the environment, and advocates science-based policymaking. In doing so, it actively collaborates with
all stakeholders: regulators, legislators, industry, NGOs and the academic community.