They are not only sweet to look at but also taste like sweet: gingerbread houses. However, if you wait too long, the gingerbread will be hard and it will not taste as delicious anymore. As an alternative, here is a recipe of butter biscuit houses:
- 3 Butter biscuits (per house)
- Sugar sprinkles
- Jelly bears
- 120 g Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Stir the lemon juice and powdered sugar until you get a thick sugar icing.
- Place one butter biscuit on the table in front of you and put some icing along the long sides. Form a roof of two more butter biscuits and place them on top of the icing on the base biscuit.
- Add sugar icing across the gable of the roof.
- Decorate the house by attaching M&Ms, sugar sprinkles or jelly bears with the sugar icing.
- Wait until the sugar icing has hardened, admire your work and if you dare, enjoy eating it.