Currently, the expansion of the ITDA plant in Marl is run at full speed. ITDA is a high quality intermediate for versatile, safe surfactant production.
Once brought on stream, all of these initiatives will expand existing production capacity. The first commercial quantities are expected to be available from July.
Expansion work began in November 2018, to be performed during ongoing operations and on an ambitious schedule. The following has so far been completed:
- The foundation for plant parts has been poured.
- Construction of the plant’s steel frame is underway, some pieces of equipment have been installed, piping work has begun, and cable installation is in progress.
The following are a few of the major challenges that have to face during ongoing operations:
- Guaranteeing the usual high level of plant and occupational safety
- Ensuring that the interfaces between planning and implementation work smoothly
- Maintaining 100% availability of the ITDA plant until the scheduled shutdown in late April 2019
We will keep you up to date!
Chemistry4People: We create the future of C4chemistry together with our customers.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-oriented innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2018, the enterprise generated sales of €15 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.6 billion.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.